St Paul's is equipping its students with skills required to successfully navigate their futures with the responsible use of technology. In 2010 we introduced the integration of the one to one iPad program for Prep to Year 6.
From Year 1 to Year 6 this is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. Following are the purchasing requirements for students transitioning to Year 1 and for new students enrolling in Year 1 to Year 6.
Apple iPad 9.7” (5th & 6th Generation)
Apple iPad 10.2” (7th Generation)
Apple iPad Pro (all models)
Apple Air 2
Apple Air 2019
Apple iPad Mini 4+
Acceptable Older Models:
Apple Air (2013) *Note will not support IOS 13+
Apple iPad Mini 2 /3 *Note will not support IOS 13+
No Longer Accepted:
iPads operating IOS 10 and below
Please bring your iPad to the School Office or to the Classroom Teacher, by:
- Year 1: Week 5 Term 1.
- Years 2-6 (new students): From Week 1 Term 1.
iPads should be clearly named and in a suitable protective case (i.e. Survivor Case or similar). If you have activated your iPad please advise us of your set passcode.
What happens during the setup process?
- iPads are linked to our MDM (mobile device management) software, to enable us to send apps and other information.
- A school Apple ID/iCloud account is created EXCEPT where there is a home account already present. Please note: Students are not given or required to know school Apple ID passwords. If parents wish to disclose this information, they may do so at their discretion. Credit cards should not be linked to school Apple accounts.
- A student email account will be assigned.
- iPads will be connected to the school WiFi.
- New iPads will be assigned a generic ‘passcode’ (to get on to device).
- Basic restrictions will be enabled. Parents are welcome to adapt restrictions to suit device user.
- iPads will be returned to class after setup.
- Setup details will be sent home in a sealed envelope via student (unless otherwise organised).
If you have ave any questions, please contact the school: or email the iPad Teacher Assistant at email: email@example.com