St Paul's is equipping its students with skills required to successfully navigate their futures with the responsible use of technology. In 2010 we introduced the integration of the one to one iPad program for Prep to Year 6.
From Year 1 to Year 6 this is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. Following are the purchasing requirements for students transitioning to Year 1 and for new students enrolling in Year 1 to Year 6.
iPad Purchasing Minimum Recommendation:
Apple iPad (8th Gen)
Other acceptable Models (minimum storage 32GB):
Apple iPad Pro 2020
Apple Air 4th Gen
Older iPads operating IOS 13 and below will no longer be accepted
Please ensure that you have a set up of headphones that are compatible with the model of iPad that you purchase.
Please bring iPads into the School Office or Classroom Teacher, Year 1 by Week 5 Term 1, Years 2-6 (new students) from Week 1 Term 1.
- iPads should be clearly named and must be in a suitable protective case (i.e. Survivor)
- Home Apple ID should be on the device, if not should be put on at earliest convenience to enable backup function, find my iPad etc.
- Please leave the device passcode (if activated).
- Please leave restrictions/downtime passcode (if activated).
What happens during the setup process?
- iPads are linked to our MDM (mobile device management) software, to enable us to send apps and other information.
- A student email account will be assigned.
- iPads will be connected to the school WiFi.
- Restrictions will be enabled on the device through ‘Settings / Screen Time’ to block the use of Facetime, iMessage and home apps during school hours.
- iPads will be returned to class after setup.
- Setup details will be sent home in a sealed envelope via student (unless otherwise organised).
Have any questions?
Please feel free to contact the school to speak to our friendly IT Team:
Phone: 07 5495 5899
iPad Support Request: https://forms.office.com/r/uNLbbaREDW