St Paul's is equipping its students with skills required to successfully navigate their futures with the responsible use of technology. In 2010 we introduced the integration of the one to one iPad program for Prep to Year 6.
From Year 1 to Year 6 this is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. Following are the purchasing requirements for students transitioning to Year 1 and for new students enrolling in Year 1 to Year 6.
iPad Purchasing Recommendation:
iPad models compatible with iPadOS 15.5 or greater with a minimum of 64GB storage. 128GB would be better for Year 5 and 6 students. The iPad will need to be in a protective case and clearly named.
An iPad (8th generation) or greater generation would be suitable.
Please ensure that you have headphones that are compatible with the model of iPad that you purchase. Please note bluetooth headphones or keyboards can’t be used for NAPLAN testing.
Other acceptable iPads models
iPad Air (5th generation) or greater generation
Please bring iPads into the School Office or Classroom Teacher.
- Install the Intune Company Portal app from the Apple store.
- The Internet & Digital Technology Agreement must be accepted in Parent Lounge.
- iPads should be clearly named.
- Please leave the device passcode.
What happens during the setup process?
- A Microsoft account will be created.
- iPads are linked to our MDM (mobile device management) system, to install school apps and connect to the network.
- iPads will be returned to classroom after setup.
Have any questions?
Please feel free to contact the school to speak to our friendly IT Team.
Phone: 07 5495 5899