St Paul's is equipping its students with skills required to successfully navigate their futures with the responsible use of technology. In 2010 we introduced the integration of the one to one iPad program for Prep to Year 6.
From Year 1 to Year 6 this is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. Following are the purchasing requirements for students transitioning to Year 1 and for new students enrolling in Year 1 to Year 6.
Apple iPad 9.7” (6th Gen)
Other acceptable Models (minimum storage 32GB):
Apple iPad Pro (all models)
Apple Air (2013) *Note will not support IOS 13+
Apple Air 2
Apple Air 2019
Apple iPad Mini 2 / 3 *Note will not support IOS 13+
Apple iPad Mini 4+
Older iPads operating IOS 12 and below are not suitable
Please bring iPads into the School Office or Classroom Teacher, Year 1 by Week 5 Term 1, Years 2-6 (new students) from Week 1 Term 1.
- iPads should be clearly named and must be in a suitable protective case (i.e. Survivor)
- Home Apple ID should be on the device, if not should be put on at earliest convenience to enable backup function, find my iPad etc.
- Please leave device passcode (if activated).
- Please leave restrictions/downtime passcode (if activated).
What happens during the setup process?
- iPads are linked to our MDM (mobile device management) software, to enable us to send apps and other information.
- A student email account will be assigned.
- iPads will be connected to the school WiFi.
- Restrictions will be enabled on the device through ‘Settings / Screen Time’ to block the use of Facetime, iMessage and home apps during school hours.
- iPads will be returned to class after setup.
- Setup details will be sent home in a sealed envelope via student (unless otherwise organised).
If you have ave any questions, please contact the school: or email the iPad Teacher Assistant at email: email@example.com